Working at the Y, you have the opportunity to strengthen communities and change lives, including your own. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you'll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives, and strengths, you'll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose, and fuel your passion every day! Shuttle Drivers
are responsible for providing safe and efficient transportation to and from school, program sites, and special events while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. This position supports multiple locations. Responsibilities:
- Drives bus or shuttle vehicle safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and respected.
- Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that bus or shuttle rules are announced and followed.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and records all information, such as gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms.
- Cleans out bus or shuttle vehicle each day.
- Non-CDL driver must possess a valid Idaho Driver's License
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
- Must have current Boise City and / or Idaho State Child Care License.
- Must meet YMCA Transportation Guidelines.
Must be available in the morning for drop-off at schools from 8:30am-10:00am and in the afternoon for pick up at schools from 2:45pm to 5:00pm. Welcoming and Inclusion:
At the Y, we welcome everyone whose behavior adheres to our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. We advance our cause by building a stronger and more equitable community where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, thrive, and reach their full potential with dignity. The Y is a force for building bridges among all people-regardless of ability, age, birthplace, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, race, or sexual orientation. The Y is for all.Application Process:
External candidates must complete an online application. If you have any questions regarding the position please visit our website at or contact . All current YMCA staff must apply through their UKG (Kronos) account, and updated resume and cover letter is recommended. Previous YMCA staff may email their updated resume and cover letter to with the name of the job they are applying for in the subject line or apply through their existing UKG (Kronos) account.