Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world's most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
JOB TITLE: Elysian Brewing - Head Chef
SALARY: $65,000 - $68,000 per year
Executive Head Chef and Management role. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the culinary program for Elysian Fields. Supervises and directs coaching/training of cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods. Ensures an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through the direct management of another member of your team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, troubleshooting, and resolving conflicts. Directly reports to the General Manager and overseen by the department head.
- Establishing and maintaining culinary vision.
- Knowledge of varying types of cuisines.
- Proficient in executing varying kinds of services from a la carte service to buffets, from restaurant to events.
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items.
- Continuously pushes the envelope forward by improving standards of execution.
- Ensures consistency in execution by creating recipes and systems for team members to follow.
- Understands execution and flow of dining services for the restaurant
- Demonstrates ability to plan and execute banquet functions timely and profitably.
- Creates and follows kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Follows all laws relating to labor practices.
- Inspire and mentor all team members towards the goal of reaching their full potential.
- Develop training plans for high performing team members.
- Aides in conducting routine reviews and gives guidance to team members.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with all colleagues, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to positively impact and collaborate with General Manager.
- Leads by example when completing job requirements, works with a sense of purpose, consolidates tasks, delegates, and empowers others when doing so.
- Fosters a positive and productive work environment free of drama and negativity.
- Proficient with scheduling and assessing labor needs based on business levels.
- Aides in disciplinary action, promotion, hiring, and termination of staff.
- Maintain an acceptable food cost percentage in accordance with budget and sales projections based on guidance from upper management.
- Maintains an acceptable labor cost percentage in accordance with budget and sales projections based on guidance from upper management.
- Adept at understanding sales, expenses, and profitability of the operation.
- Accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment.
- Utilizes current systems for proper ordering of product and equipment.
- 3-5 years managing a kitchen and a team
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on needs the needs of restaurant, always remaining calm and courteous.
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for quarterly bonus based on individual and business performance
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance available immediately
- Employer paid short term disability
- 401K up to 6% match
- Generous parental leave options
- Uniforms & PPE provided, based on position
- Safety shoes allowance, based on position
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee discounts at restaurant locations
- Employee discounts on merchandise
ABOUT BREWERS COLLECTIVE:
Brewers Collective helps to unlock our 20+ craft brewery partners' full potential by bringing them industry-leading expertise and increased best practice sharing, empowering them to tap into the strength of our collective Anheuser-Busch family. We share an unwavering devotion to the authentic origins of each brewery, the beer, and the communities they serve.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us at:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT