EMT (Full Time)
JFK MEDICAL CENTER Manahawkin Requisition ShiftNight StatusFull Time with Benefits Weekend WorkWeekends as Needed HolidaysAs Needed On CallNo On-Call Required Shift HoursVaries Address1125 Beacon Ave, Manahawkin, 08050
Apply () Save Job Job Saved View Saved
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides Basic Life Support (BLS) services to assignments for both emergency and non-emergency transports given from the appropriate dispatch authority in a timely professional manner, in compliance with HackensackUMC protocols, policies and procedures.
A Day in the Life of an Emergency Medical Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides pre-hospital basic and life support treatment in accordance with each patient's condition, applicable standards of care, HackensackUMC policies, procedures and protocols, and applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations.
- Operates HackensackUMC vehicles safely and professionally, in compliance with all laws and rules governing same, within CEVO-A and HackensackUMC standards for emergency vehicle operation, and with due regard for the public, alternating driving responsibilities in a reasonable fashion with partners.
- Operates wireless communication devices in a professional manner, to accept and acknowledge dispatches, to obtain medical control, etc.
- Cooperates and assists with the comprehensive Total Quality Management Program utilized by HackensackUMC to evaluate the overall quality of care given, to document trends, to resolve problems and to monitor patient outcomes.
- Maintains and updates as necessary required EMS competencies.
- Interacts professionally with partners, patients, HackensackUMC management, colleagues from other EMS agencies, public safety personnel, and hospital emergency department staff.
- Safely transfers patients to appropriate receiving personnel and provides complete report to appropriate personnel. Facilitates as necessary an effective transfer of care.
- Completes the appropriate patient report for each patient contact according to HackensackUMC's policy, and applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations, alternating documentation responsibilities in a reasonable fashion with partners.
- Responsible for routine troubleshooting, maintenance and cleaning of EMS equipment, vehicles and station facilities. Promptly reports all equipment failures and/or problems in a manner consistent with HackensackUMC's incident reporting procedures.
- Provides inservice and public education as appropriate and as directed by Management.
- Responsible for baseline and continuing knowledge of HackensackUMC's policies and procedures, and all applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations concerning emergency medical services, basic life support ambulance service, EMT certification, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance of required certifications in accordance with HackensackUMC's policy, and all applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations.
- Conducts self in a professional and dignified manner at all times, so as to preserve the public's perception of HackensackUMC as New Jersey's leading healthcare provider.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of core competency evaluation and EMS orientation.
- International Trauma Life Support or Prehospital Trauma Life Support or Tactical Casualty Combat Care certification within 6 months of hire.
- Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 or Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100.b or Introduction to Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals or National Incident Management System.
- ICS-200 Incident Command System, ICS-200 or ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents or Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations.
- ICS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or NIMS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Two years of BLS experience. 911 experience preferred.
- CEVO Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator training Or EVOC Emergency Vehicle Operations Course within one month of hire.
- Hazardous Materials Operations.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification New Jersey or Current New Jersey or National Registry EMT-B Certification or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians - Basic Certification or Current New York EMT-Basic Certification.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or BLS Instructor Trainer.
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack MeridianHealth(HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
this locationView Map
Share this job
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobs