With our current incentives, EMT's who take advantage at PRN can earn up to $25-$30 per hour on average. Want a living wage in Southern California? Then join the PRN Ambulance team now!
The position of an EMT is a job opportunity for a person who has excellent customer service skills and is a caring and compassionate clinician.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the Company
- Other duties as assigned
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must be current in local, state and federally mandated training
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- CPR Card (American Heart Association)
- EMT State Card
- Current and Valid State Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers Certificate
- Medical Examiner's Certificate (DL 51)
- Post offer must be able to obtain a DMV K4
- Post offer must be able to obtain an LADOT permit
Compensation and Benefits:
- Sign On Bonus
- Call Bonuses
- Daily overtime opportunities after 8 hours
- Night pay differential and assorted shifts available.
- Flexible scheduling to work with outside commitments such as school.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Legal Shield and more!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Hiring 18 years of age and older
- Several promotional opportunities such as FTO, Field Supervisor, Management Training, ect.
- Certification Reimbursement: PRN Ambulance will reimburse for your DOT.
- PRN Ambulance offers free internal CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS classes to our employees.
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)