Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
- Develops processes, systems, and equipment that ensure the quality, reliability, and system safety of company or procured products and services.
- Provides quality system design and analysis review to validate the integrity of quality decisions that affect products and services.
- Analyzes contractual, product definition, and specification requirements for the development or modification of methods, procedures, and metrics needed to ensure that quality standards and practices are attained.
- Analyzes and provides material review dispositions for nonconforming materials, parts, and equipment.
- Performs scientific evaluations and analyses and processes audits.
- Tests and approves products, processes, equipment, and measurement systems.
- Ensures that resulting processes provide for configuration management.
- Participates in design and product reviews to ensure that producibility, inspect ability, reliability, safety, Quality System integrity, and business process management objectives are met.
- Performs such research as benchmarking to industry standards; analyzes and compiles performance reports and process control statistics to determine and improve process capability or product quality.
- Performs root cause analyses.
- Recommends and supports the implementation of corrective actions that are necessary to reduce or eliminate nonconformance to design specifications.
- Interfaces with company employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and uses statistical methodologies to ensure that specified levels of safety, reliability, and process capability are achieved, maintained, or improved.
- 6 + years related experience with a bachelors degree in Engineering or similar technical field, or other related course of study from an ABET accredited program OR 4+ years with a Master's Degree from an ABET accredited program. ABET Accredidation or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of Automated Manufacturing Systems (AMS)
- Knowledge of RCCA tools like 8D, 5-Why Analysis, Causal Tree Analysis, and data analysis
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, PFMEA, Control Plans, and SPC (within APQP / PPAP) would be an advantage
- Minimum 6 years of experience preferably in Aerospace or equivalent manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of AS9100 as well as regulatory authority approval and certification requirements
- Excellent communication and PowerPoint presentation skills and work in a large team environment
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID 2
Posted Date 2 months ago (6/2/2022 6:59 PM)