The Lehigh Valley Division,
of the H&K Group, Inc.
is currently seeking an experienced Tac Truck Driver to efficiently operate an asphalt distributor and maintain an acceptable level of workmanship and productivity to support the asphalt paving abase crews by spraying various asphalt-based tack coats before paving operations to help asphalt adhere to the road structure. The ideal candidate is energetic, motivated, and pays attention to details. Why work for H&K Group, Inc.?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training programs including on the job, online through H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and H&K Safety policies
- Operate the Tack Truck and other equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Load tack truck oil from tank
- Fill asphalt and burner tanks, cleaning and setting spray bars, and cleaning excess asphalt out of tanks
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area and emulsion distribution rates
- Before heating the oil, ensure that all valves are in the off position, the oil completely covers the heating pipes, and truck controls are set for proper circulation and ventilation
- Constantly monitor temperature, heat oil within confines of recommended temperature.
- Spray oil in designated areas
- Perform daily maintenance checks and report any mechanical or safety issues to supervisors
- Monitor vehicle performance, fluid levels, and mechanical fitness
- Work with the asphalt paving crew when the distributor is not required
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Tack Truck.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the companys Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations considering the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications Required Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- 1 year of experience with tack trucks on highway road construction projects
- CDL A or B
- Clean driving record
- Tanker Truck Endorsement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey safety and operational information with supervisor and crew
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
- 3 years of experience with tack trucks on highway road construction projects
- Additional heavy & highway experience with tanker trucks, milling machines, and other asphalt or paving equipment and processes
- OSHA or other relevant safety certifications
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Frequently talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception
- Frequently required to lift up to 75 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to vibration
- Noise level is usually moderate
H&K Group, Inc.s (H&Ks) Lehigh Valley Division
(formerly Lehigh Valley Site Contractors) has been a proud member of our heavy civil construction team since 1998. Strategically located just north of the City of Easton, PA, the Lehigh Valley Division
provides complete heavy civil construction and contracting services to customers and clients throughout the Lehigh Valley, PA region, western NJ and beyond. H&K
provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc.
we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&Ks strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.H&K
does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!