Foreman - Landscape Construction
Location: Lakewood, WA
Work closely with Enhancement Supervisor in support of Enhancement and company goals, through effective project and employee management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frequently encourage and maintain safe working conditions and Promoting NLS's Culture of Safety , including but not limited to conducting Bi-Weekly safety meetings; ensuring proper personal protective equipment usage; correct equipment tie down techniques in vehicles; Road Side Work Zone Safety, and truck weight restrictions.
- Have experience of installing: irrigation, rock/block wall, drainage systems, plants, soil, sod and mulch.
- Have experience using tractors, track hoes, skid steers, trenchers, backhoes, dump trucks and loaders.
- Have a basic working knowledge of trucks, power equipment, and being able to communicate repair need to mechanics.
- Have a basic understanding of fertilization for both turf and plants.
- Have a basic understanding herbicide applications and relevant practices.
- Have a basic understanding of annuals installation.
- Have the ability to read and write English.
- Work with Enhancement Supervisor to schedule and assign daily tasks to crew leads and ensure completion.
- Work with Company Training Coordinator to continually increase the skill level of crew members.
- Constantly promote and encourage adherence to company policies and best practices through the use of Company SOP Training.
- Consistently positive reviews from clients and Area Supervisor regarding quality of work, general performance and attitude.
- Constantly monitor quality of completed work.
- Constantly assure proper use and care of inventory, including company vehicles, equipment, tools and rental equipment.
- Understanding and execution of parameters needed to meet or exceed job budget and margin goals.
- Reconcile Daily Job Costs, for accurate and timely submission to payroll.
- Complete status change form for new hires, terminations, address changes, etc.
- Recommend new hires and terminations to Enhancement Supervisor for final approval.
- Direct supervision of two or more (2-3 man) crews.
- Training, planning, assigning and directing work.
- Problem resolution.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct vehicle and equipment training as needed for new and existing employees, including but not limited to proper backing techniques for trailers; safe usage, loading/unloading trailers and small and large equipment usage.
- Observe and evaluate crew leader and laborer performance, to assist Enhancement Supervisor during performance evaluations.
- Facilitate conflict resolution between employees.
- Provide translation for employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or at least 5 years related work experience.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees and have basic interaction with customers.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred, including ability to read, interpret and translate documents and verbal presentations.
- Basic math-for cubic yards, square feet and basic geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule format
- Ability to read landscape plans, irrigation plans, grading plans and municipal plans.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- As required by state and federal law
- Valid driver license issued by the state where employed
- Certified Landscape Technician (CLT) preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to operate commercial landscape equipment and tools
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constantly required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to see at close vision, distant vision, in color, peripherally, have depth perception and have the ability to adjust focus
- Frequent use of hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Frequently required to reach, bend, twist, stoop, crouch, climb and balance
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently works with mechanical objects and outside in all weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to loud noise levels
Monarch Landscaping WA, LLC is an E-Verify participating employer.
Monarch Landscaping WA, is an On Demand Daily Pay employer.