A Front End Coordinator's first responsibility is to check out customers in an efficient, accurate and pleasant manner to ensure customer needs are met. Our Front End Coordinators are key players in making sure each guest leaves our store with a smile. You'll be the one we look to, to make sure our guest Service Cashiers are building guest loyalty through your own shining example. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Grocery or related industry
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Age Requirement (IN): At least 19 years of age
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
- Assist Guest Services Team Leader with delegating work assignments, directing the guest flow and controlling department costs to ensure store, department, and guest requirements are met.
- Perform duties of staff as required.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Maintain accurate department records.
- Give direction and work assignments to front end team members to ensure efficient operation of the business.
- Monitor and audit cash control procedures for cash registers, self-checkout registers and change tills.
- Demonstrate appropriate selling techniques.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Respond timely to Team Member requests for assistance.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.