GMP Logistics Scheduler
What We Do
Theragent is a privately-owned Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) focused on novel Cell and Gene Therapy medicines to meet unmet patient needs. We are a small, biotech startup headquartered in Arcadia, CA. Our state-of-the-art facility provide high-quality, reliable, and value-added solutions to our clientele for challenging pre-clinical and clinical trial projects. Our innovative cGMP facility offers comprehensive end-to-end manufacturing and testing capabilities for clinical and commercial purposes.
Take the next step in your career and join Theragent today to change patient lives through the products we help develop and manufacture. Here, you will contribute your talents in a purposeful way that impact the lives of patients around the world. You will develop as an individual by working directly with a team of seasoned experts and rising stars. Our values of Innovation, Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Diversity, Humility to name a few are embedded in everything we do. No matter your role may be, Theragent strives to ensure all our teammates are empowered and given the necessary tools to lead us in our relentless pursuit to extending patient lives.
To Manufacture and Deliver high-quality, reliable, and value-added Therapeutic Solutions for Biopharma clients and patients.
The experienced GMP Logistics Scheduler will be responsible for executing the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for multiple clients through timely material planning, production scheduling, final product delivery to clinical trial sites, coordination, and effective utilization of available resources. This role exists to support the flawless execution of manufacturing and final product planning through scheduling expertise by collaborating directly with client scheduling and planning services. Tasks, not limited to generation, updating, analysis and verification of weekly production schedules and delivery dates for clinical patient dosing. The role will ensure alignment with all Quality cGMP compliance, process requirements, readiness, and timelines. This includes responsibility for designing, maintaining, and reporting key performance (KPI s) and metrics for scheduling, execution, and capacity. The candidate would be responsible for participating in projects to gather ERP scheduling user requirements including reporting, test, implement and maintain the ERP system and applications for scheduling. This position will be located at Theraqent s manufacturing facility in Arcadia CA. and reports directly to the Supervisor Warehouse and Logistics.
- Assists with timely and accurate planning and scheduling of patient material requirements to support timely manufacturing.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors movement of patient material through the production cycle for all manufacturing batches.
- As part of a broad cross-functional team, plays an integral role with clients planning personnel in coordinating the receipt of patient material and delivery of final product patient dose from Theragent Manufacturing site to the patient clinical dosing center.
- Determines patient material requirements for engineering runs and production runs. Coordinates efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, and Inventory Control. Maintains accuracy of assigned data fields in material planning system. Reports in a timely manner any issues that disrupt production schedule to all key stakeholders.
- Participates in development of detailed, achievable production schedules, measures, and reports performance to schedule.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates production through affected areas such as inventory control, manufacturing, client planning, and project management.
- Schedules resource loading and plant capacity requirements, coordinates production plans to ensure production patient materials are released and are available for production
- Reviews master schedule weekly to ensure supplies matches production demand
- Schedule and cycle count finished products in the Manufacturing area
- Must be able to fill in as need for management planning scenarios
- Must be able to multitask, be flexible, manage high-pressure situations, have strict attention to detail, and work in a close-knit collaborative atmosphere
- Must have the confidence and ability to deal professionally with both internal and external customers
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and incorporate changes seamlessly
- Scheduling Software and ERP experience required
- This role will require advanced levels of information sharing and interactions with all functional areas across Theragent, including Manufacturing, Facilities, Project Management, and outside Clinical sites
Reports to: Warehouse & Logistics Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Location: Arcadia, CA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Completely familiar with GMP cold chain logistics Knowledge of an ERP system, especially Acumaticia are a plus.
- Able to identify areas for ERP systems improvement in the Manufacturing scheduling and material processes, develop SOP's and implement changes.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Skill in Microsoft Business Applications such as, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Highly organized and meticulous
- Effective people skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage overlapping projects, keep track of deadlines, and efficiently use time to meet deadlines.
- Able to cross-collaborate with multiple departments to drive the expected results.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to perform minor troubleshooting
- Competent in handling multiple tasks with attention to detail, and perform duties with minimal supervision Must have a high level of diplomacy and ability to relate and interact with personnel at all levels Able to work well with little supervision.
Education & Professional Experience:
- BS/BA in related field or equivalent experience 5+ years of related experience required
- Experience using ERP or other scheduling software
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech manufacturing is preferred
- Management of previous multiple work-center manufacturing schedules
- Basic knowledge of production and inventory control principles and techniques, using ERP
- Warehouse environment
- Must wear PPE due to safety requirements in designated lab areas
- May be required to work in controlled or clean room environments
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Able to lift 50-70 lbs. occasionally Able to pull and push the pallets using pallet jack
- Primarily warehouse environment but will be required to enter laboratory or GMP process areas donning proper gowning / lab coats or PPE such as safety glasses and shoes
- Ability to work safely and effectively when working alone or working with others
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Theragent, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Theragent, Inc. requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To the extent permitted by applicable law, candidate must be able to provide proof of full vaccination or receipt of the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or request an exemption due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief of practice, or pregnancy, as of the first day of work, to be considered for a U.S.-based job.