Tradewind are working in partnership with a mainstream south Birmingham secondary school who require a Head of Year 7 from the end September until at least February 2023 half term. This is a non teaching role with pastoral duties included.
This good Birmingham school wishes to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Head of Year. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible 'can do' approach, we would welcome an application from you.
- To monitor the attitude to learning of the year group in order to promote academic rigour.
- To have an overview of the range of barriers to learning that impacting on student progress, with reference to behaviour for learning, in and out of the classroom.
- To liaise with key staff regarding all groups of student's behaviour in the year group, with particular reference to groups of students referenced in the School Improvement Plan.
- To act as a role model for tutors by demonstrating high quality pastoral care, monitoring of students, continuous professional development and professional presence in the team.
- Working with other HOY, lead the isolation and on call behaviour systems in response to pupils breaching school behaviour policy.
- To have an overview of all the different care and guidance for student's this includes attendance, early help and other relevant interventions.
- To design, implement and complete bespoke strategies towards improving individual pupils behaviour.
What you'll need:
- A degree qualification or equivalent.
- Strong record of community engagement and enhancing pupils' social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
- Documented history of implementing successful faith and community initiatives and organising enrichment activities/workshops.
- Effective partnership working skills.
- The ability to prioritise, work efficiently and accurately, particularly under pressure, to deadlines and using own initiative.
To apply for this Head of year role or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Birmingham office on , or email