Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
As a Histology Tech, you will be in lab professional role, preparing histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
This opportunity is (full-time, part-time, PRN) during (first, second, third) shift.
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and immunohistochemistry stains, as requested by a Pathologist
- Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by Pathologist
- Dispose of hazardous chemical wastes per regulatory guidelines
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Associate's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing or Bachelor Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing
- Eligible for State licensure, if applicable
- Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or minimum of one (1) year experience as a Histology Technician Trainee and competent in the areas of embedding, microtomy, grossing, special stains, and immunohistochemistry
- Successful completion of a visual color discrimination test
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Laboratory Medicine Consultants LTD
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.