Find your future at Iowa Premium!
Iowa Premium of Tama, Iowa, a National Beef Company, is looking for a qualified professional to join our Human Resources Team as a Human Resources Generalist. With competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career move!
Competitive Salary and Benefits:
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee meat purchase sales
This is NOT a remote position.
Human Resources Generalist job summary and responsibilities:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for a broad range of responsibilities to ensure that the needs of the business are aligned appropriately with the overall company goals, and the needs of the employees. Administers day-to-day tasks by providing guidance, counseling, and direction on HR policies, processes, and programs to both managers and employees. The HR Generalist is also responsible for assisting with Recruiting, Training, New Employee Orientation, On-boarding, and Compensation decisions and equity. Serves as a role model for the Iowa Premium and ensures compliance in all facets of Human Resources.
Human resources Generalist essential job functions:
- Provide employee relations support and guidance through policy interpretation and objective assessments of internal consistency.
- Assist managers with job description creation and postings.
- Maintains HR records and databases to current, accurate information.
- Provide organizational development, performance management, training, employee development and engagement.
- Assist in the development of employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive working relationship
- Assist with salaried recruiting for positions across the facility
- Miscellaneous tasks, as required (audits, new program roll out, compliance, etc.)
- Support Director of Human Resources with handling employee relations, questions and concerns
- Recruiting and travel
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates for the Human Resources Generalist position should possess the following:
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong leadership competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and HR Systems
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Must be positive, friendly, and approachable
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- 3 to 5 years of diverse Human Resources experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience within the meat packing environment preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point is essential
- Solid experience in screening, sourcing, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding
- Professional Human Resources Certification preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate the facility
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. Come join our family!