Information Security Analyst Overview of PositionChange Healthcare is looking for an entry level Information Security Analyst to join the Cyber Threat Incident Response team to assist in finding the needle. Information Security Analysts perform investigations on security alerts and monitor all security tools utilized to secure the environment. At level 1 the analyst will start their role conducting triage of all events while escalating all alerts to higher level incident responders.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Triage and investigate security events
- Monitor and investigate anomalies in security tools
- Performs network traffic analysis when anomalous traffic needs to be investigated
- Writes reports related to specific information security issues and investigations
- Monitors cyber assets and critical infrastructure to ensure system up-time
- Creates and monitors alert related to all CTOC related investigations and incidents
- Participate in exercises that test policies, procedures and skills which are required by business and critical operations
- Assist with remediation effort, fixing all deficiencies found during investigations
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelors degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
- Incident analysis/handling or security certification such as GCIA, GCIH, CEH, Security+ is a plus
- Experience in an IT, information assurance or security role is a plus
- Experience with IPS/IDS, Malware, Proxy, and other security systems is a plus
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Intermediate level experience working with Linux, OS X, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Scripting knowledge is a plus (e.g. Python, Shell, WMI, etc)
- Packet analysis knowledge
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, clients and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
li-remote Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information () .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.