HM Health Solutions Job Description : JOB SUMMARY
This job works with others to plan, research, evaluate, design and develop Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) Infrastructure systems by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to develop a compatible system infrastructure in line with organizational strategies. Assists with the design, development, and implementation of ISRM Infrastructure components such as operating systems, software tools, and utilities. Supports studies of ISRM Infrastructure performance and traffic analysis. Determines systems design requirements and ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Assists with the development of ISRM Infrastructure engineering policies, standards and procedures. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve on or may lead teams in clearly defining requirements, deliverables and timeframes. Escalate issues and make recommendations to resolve them to the appropriate audience.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting ISRM Infrastructure.
- Develop and/or deliver technical training in complex technical areas. Mentor less senior staff in the execution of their duties.
- Complete project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of ISRM Infrastructure projects.
- Implement, monitor, configure, and maintain security systems.
- Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors Degree - Computer science, information systems, or related field Substitutions
5 years' of information security engineering PREFERRED EDUCATION
None EXPERIENCE Minimum:
- 3 - 5 years' experience with information security and systems analysis
- 3 - 5 years' with information security and/or information risk management and/or information technology
- 3 - 5 years' with operating systems and software administration
- 3 - 5 years' developing, communicating and presenting information security and risk management concepts to varying audiences
- 3 - 5 years' with technologies such as Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), firewalls, endpoint protection, web/email filtering, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), digital rights management, encryption, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), and virtualization platforms
- 5 - 7 years' experience with information security and systems analysis
- 1 - 3 years' experience working within an information security function using the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF), or the NIST 800-83 cyber security framework
- 3 - 5 years' IT/information security risk advisory experience
- 3 - 5 years' In-depth understanding of network security architecture, network and networking protocols
- 3 - 5 years' database management, system administration and software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of HITRUST CSF, NIST 800-83 cyber security framework, PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, COBIT, ISO 27001/2, and ITIL 3
- Familiarity with secure SDLC best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Apps and Suites, Windows Server, SharePoint, etc.
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Security Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Companys Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employees responsibility to comply with the companys Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice
Req ID: J209530