At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Our cybersecurity team in Tucson, AZ, is seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) known as a Principal Specialist Analyst, Cyber Vulnerability Assessment Professional within RMD. Relocation support is available, see below for further details regarding what we offer.
The ISSO will support classified computing environments 100% onsite at the RMD facility in Tucson . The successful candidate will interface with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to ensure adherence with NIST Special Publications, customer directives, and company policies as applicable all NISPOM Chapter 8, DAAPM, JSIG policies (see list below for further details )
Theres no such thing as a perfect candidate, so dont hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If youre passionate about what you could accomplish here, wed love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Assessing and monitoring system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems security education and awareness.
- Investigating information system security violations and help prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions.
- Reviewing and approving (within authority) configuration management requests
- Conducting technical and administrative assessments
- Integrating new cybersecurity processes, procedures and tools
- Support the creation, review and update of cybersecurity documentation and other technical writing
Important note: Within six months of hire date, you must obtain and maintain a Security professional certification commensurate with IAM Level I certification (Security+ or other), if you do not already have this certification.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, STEM, or Business and five (5) years of relevant experience, as described below. In absence of a degree, nine (9) relevant experience as described below.
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 additional years of experience.
- Five (5) years of experience with any combination of the following: cybersecurity, network security architecture, system hardening, auditing/compliance methods, Information Technology, and/or systems security engineering concepts such as topology, protocols, components, and/or principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Experience supporting cybersecurity compliance as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications
- An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience working in DoD classified operating and/or laboratory environments
- Experience with various information system security tools that address vulnerability analysis and mitigation. These may include Splunk, Forcepoint, Ivanti, Tenable, ACAS, HBSS, etc.
- Familiarity with implementation of Government directives and policies derived from NIST, CNSSI, DoD, or other Government Regulatory compliance standards within a professional industry
- Experience in the execution of the Assessment & Authorization processes, as defined within the Risk Managed Framework (RMF)
- Experience providing technical security consultation for complex, cross-domain, heterogeneous classified networked environments in collaboration with internal/external Customers, Information Technology (IT)
- Familiarity with large multi-facility networks including diverse and complex components, including Windows and Linux environments
- Experience interpreting, implementing, and assessing DISA STIGs.
- Familiarity with the execution and management of cyber incident response; preservation, containment, and eradication
The National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Special Access Program (SAP) Security Manuals, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD-503), Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), associated National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
What We Offer:
Whether youre just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding
Check us out on YouTube!
LI-Onsite Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.