Saint Anne's Hospital Posted Date:
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: C
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you. Position Title: Information Systems Manager Department:
Administrative Oncology Job Category/FLSA:
Exempt Job Summary:
Performs a wide variety of duties including but not limited to analysis, design, testing, documentation, training, report writing and daily user support. Functions as an integral member of Hudner Oncology leadership team to elicit the full cooperation for clinical documentation, medication administration, electronic reporting, and other aspects of clinical computing. Responsible for supporting all Oncology Information systems for troubleshooting various problems and responding to user department needs. Participate in the oversight and support for the overall planning, development, and implementation of new Information Systems (IS) projects that support the delivery of care in the Oncology setting. Interacts with all levels of users throughout the organization to clarify and verify requirements at all stages of analysis, design, and implementation. Provide guidance to the project team in development of best practices and project impacts from a clinical perspective. Assess real/anticipated problems and implements corrective solutions that result in new and/or improved. Key Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Collects clinical information systems comprehensive data, information and knowledge pertinent in a systematic and ongoing process
- Identifies gaps and opportunities in patient care needs
- Ensure that all computer systems are fully integrated into the clinical practice of each area utilizing these systems
- Participates in the identification and resolution of basic application problems and procedures, suggesting solutions to identified problems based on assessment data
- Consults with personnel, patients and other health care providers as appropriate
- Identifies expected outcomes for plan individualized to the specific situation
- Provides consultation to influence the identified plan, enhance the abilities of others and effect change
- Participates in workflow design, reviews project phases and provides input to solutions
- Identifies outcomes that maximize clinical quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports clinical guidelines, information system and informatics solutions, and knowledge bases
- Manages projects with limited scope in a safe timely manner
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies, alternatives , and recommendations to attain expected outcomes
- Participates in implementation of the identified plan by coordinating activities, promoting health teaching, health promotion and education for informatics solutions
- Able to work within defined project plans under the department of oncology in collaboration with colleagues and other stakeholders, lead/senior analyst, program manager or applications manager utilizing recognized project management methodology
- Acts as a team member at status meetings and reports progress to oncology and IS management
- Gathers data needed to populate system profiles, master files and dictionaries to design input/output requirements
- Uses principles of quality, project or systems management in implementation process
- Participates in the development of functional specifications for custom reports, scripts, custom screens and rules
- Collaborate implementation of changes in the LIVE environment
- Proficient in identified oncology systems
- Schedules department meetings, provides on-site training, troubleshooting and consulting
- Conducts frequent walking rounds of the units/areas, identifies and resolves system related issues
- Responsible for responding to issues, questions and requests in a timely manner, related to information systems on the computer network
- Educates customers on future enhancements and functionality
- Performs go live support as required
- Develops training material and agendas
- Conducts core group and end user training classes and/or presentations as required
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Strong program development skills and ability to analyze and assess informatics needs and have experience with educational programs.
- Experience in policy and procedure writing.
- Basic understanding of common software applications (ex. MS Office) required.
- Strong, demonstrable analytical/problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Must possess strong teaching skills.
Registered Nurse, Bachelor's Degree. MSN preferred. Minimum Work Experience:
None Other skills and abilities:
At least 3 years of related clinical oncology work experience. Minimum of 2 years managing complex clinical programs involving the use of electronic order entry, clinical documentation, and medication management. Additional Information Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic. Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way. This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.