Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
NACI (T1) Job Family:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cant turn into an opportunity. And our work depends on an Informed Delivery Production (IDP) Systems Analyst
joining our team to support the United States Postal Service (USPS) activities located remotely. Local to Wilkes Barre, PA, is preferred.
The IDP Systems Analyst will analyze and evaluate complex data file processing, help translate customer reporting requirements and create reports, and provide application testing and validations. Will also be required to provide afterhours support, as needed, during team application deployments.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Collects and performs analysis on moderately complex information from system users to formulate the scope and objectives of the system
- Prepares moderately complex flow charts, models, and procedures
- Conducts feasibility studies to design possible system solutions
- Conducts advanced form design and layout activities
- Prepares systems specifications
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of systems
- Performs detailed analysis and systems designs
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
WHAT YOULL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5+ Years of Project Management experience
- Strong working knowledge of SQL. Ability to understand and write complex SQL using select statements, views, joins, indexing and to create report data
- Demonstrated experience using UNIX commands to manage production Linux servers
- Demonstrated experience using SQL query on Oracle Databases to perform Database lookups
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Incident Management Ability to lead as a Critical Incident Manager to restore production applications impacting events
- Ability to quickly respond to system alerting to reduce application downtime to customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to effectively work directly with stakeholders, executives, and technical staff
- Effective liaison between business and technical teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of terminology, usage, and operating characteristics of hardware, software, and operating system components
- Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead Production Support Application Monitoring in real-time
- Desired experience using:
- Agile methodologies
- Version One
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Logging tools such as Splunk Enterprise
- Monitoring tools such as Neustar and AppDynamics
- Cannot be a member of the USPS eAccess Corporate Developer Registration (CDR) to develop new code due to segregation of duties requirements
- Able to present and communication at all levels within an organization
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days. We can only accept Green Card Holders or US Citizens for this program.
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.