Newly enhanced Float Team compensation package
Questions before submitting your application? Contact Stephanie.Stines@
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Floats to various inpatient units including Medical-Surgical, Oncology, Orthopedic, Advanced Care, and ICUs.
- Provides direct nursing care, collaborates with other multidiscipline team members to provide patient care to various patient population.
- Conducts and documents assessments, nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care
- Act as resource to staff from various units.
- Coordinates care to multidiscipline team members to facilitate and provide the highest possible quality patient care.