Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit .
Inside Sales - Inbound Private Party
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
This is a Union role Part of NPG of Greater Boston
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
The Inside Sales - Inbound role requires a highly personable individual with the ability to lead advertising customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for answering calls and providing outstanding service to customers looking to place advertisements. You will create and stylize advertisements, into newspapers through the USA.
We are dedicated to helping our clients grow based on their unique needs. When they win, we win!
As a Marketing Solutions, Inside Sales - Inbound, you will:
• Sell and process customer transactions and respond to inquiries in a responsive, timely and accurate manner.
• Handle a high volume of inbound calls/emails from multiple states for customers placing advertisements, such as: rummage sale ads, pets for sale ads, milestone announcements, etc.
• Create advertisements using unique identifiers to draw attention to the ads for the customer.
• Maintain an excellent understanding of the package offerings for each advertising segment.
• Handle payments for paid advertisements and assist with billing questions.
• Retention and follow up with existing customers is a must.
• Effectively prioritize tasks in a deadline driven environment.
What you bring to the table:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 - 3 months related experience and/or training in a customer service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typing speed of at least 50 wpm.
• Have the ability to consistently maintain a positive attitude when dealing with customers.
• Desire to learn and understand both the print and online advertising industry.
• Provide outstanding customer service with persuasive conversations.
• Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
• Problem solving skills.
• Must be flexible and a team player
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, 401K, Paid Time Off and more. This is an opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc. s Recruitment Department at .