Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Element is seeking an experienced Integration Engineer to join the System Integration team. The System Integration team s goals are to evaluate the performance of the system-level architecture, proactively identify failure modes and work with development teams to root-cause failures and implement sustaining improvements. This role is cross-functional requiring the ability to communicate across disciplines such as hardware engineering, chemistry, and molecular biology to evaluate system performance. Individuals who enjoy the challenge of system-wide analysis and have a passion for learning are a natural fit for this role.
- Work cross-functionally to support component-level changes being developed so they can be seamlessly introduced into our instrument platforms
- Manage software and firmware configurations across platforms
- Monitor the health of the sequencing fleet through the development of processes, diagnostic tools and methods
- Be the integrated system-level expert, able to quickly triage, troubleshoot, and organize stakeholders to timely resolutions when issues arise
- Assist in troubleshooting problems during development and product sustaining phases
- Own and develop integrated software and firmware design verification test plans, protocols, and reports
- Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Bioengineering or related field
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working with Ubuntu, SSH and Git
- Preferred prior experience working with and troubleshooting software and hardware on complex instrumentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in participating in cross-organizational or inter-company collaboration
- A desire to learn and grow in
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.