Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Provides daily ongoing deployment, configuration, support, administration, maintenance, and technical solutions to various technology components that make up the IT Infrastructure environment. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops or modifies IT Infrastructure to meet business objectives.
- Review existing procedures and evaluate their potential for automation.
- Review procedures and design automations that simplify and expedite deployments.
- Optimize and enhance existing automations.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for automation tools.
- Maintain and implement infrastructure as code, technical solutions, specifications and documentation for various sized projects or daily support initiatives.
- Works with multiple customers, stakeholders, and system owners to produce requirements, determine feasibility, analyze cost/benefits requirements, and recommend design solution options.
- Maintain records necessary for audit compliance
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge.
- Promote best practices for implementation, maintenance, and security of all networks
- Completes routine preventative measures and maintains the health and monitoring of the network
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. IT certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Cisco DevNet Associate/Professional AWS Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer. EXPERIENCE:
Broad technical experience and understanding of enterprise network infrastructure and design to include the following disciplines: routing/switching, data center, wireless, security, collaboration, virtualization, disaster recovery/high availability, acceleration technologies, cloud provider/services, software defined networking (SDN). COMPETENCIES SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES: Requirements
Nice to Have:
- Strong analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills interacting with both technical and non-technical contacts
- Strong programming knowledge and understanding of programmatic concepts
- Experience using source control/SCM via Gitlab, Github or AWS Code Commit
- Familiar with NIST standards and controls.
- Experienced with creating and maintaining disaster recovery/contingency procedures and documentation.
- Advanced system and programming knowledge of:
- Automation Frameworks (Ansible and Ansible Tower, Terraform, Cloud Formabon)
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Next Generation Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint)
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Aironet Access Points
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Network Load Balancing (F5 LTM, GTM, ASM)
- SO Wan and SD Access Technologies
- Routing Protocols: BGP / OSPF / EIGRP
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols: HSRP / VRRP
- VRF implementation and design
- VSS and VPC technologies
- FlexVPN, DMVPN, and IPsec Tunnel Design
- Enterprise QOS
- IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK () .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at or .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.