Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
Other Job Family:
IT Quality Assurance
The Quality Assurance Manager
will report to the Project Director and manages IT quality assurance staff who evaluate, test, and validate software and/or IT services. Responsible for the employment, training, motivation, and evaluation of assigned staff. Will lead planning and policy development.
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges for our clients. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Quality Assurance Manager
joining our team to support the State of New York.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be trusted to support the implementation, deployment, and maintenance of an enterprise-wide COTS grants and financial management solution. You will work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and collaborative environment which requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
The Quality Assurance Manager will report to the Project Director and manages IT quality assurance staff who evaluate, test, and validate software and/or IT services. Responsible for the employment, training, motivation, and evaluation of assigned staff. Will lead planning and policy development. Additionally, the candidate for this position:
What youll need:
- Manages assigned IT quality assurance staff and may spend a limited portion of time performing the work of those they supervise
- Manages the development of policies and procedures for IT quality testing
- Assist with the development and implementation of quality assurance problem reporting, processes, and systems
- Analyze deficiencies in service or performance and recommends product or service improvements to address problems
- Partner closely with senior management to design and implement defect reduction programs
- Manages IT quality testing operations to meet customer performance requirements
- Manages the IT quality assurance process and service escalations
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Have the experience of working on a program with a staff size between technical and non-technical resources.
- Preferred: Prior experience with grants management, COTS implementation, software development, and a 50+ person service desk.
- Have the ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond 0quickly to quick turnaround taskers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical specialty AND 5-plus years of relevant experience, including 3-plus years of program/project management experience in a quality assurance setting. A Masters or similar advanced degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- Ability to resolve issues with little oversight; ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics to management and other stakeholders.
- Supervisory or project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with customers and internal cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and strict attention to detail.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; Critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Ability to understand and manage customer expectations and software implementation methodology.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at the same time, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Recent system modernization project experience preferred.
- Comfortable in a project start-up environment.
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Rewards program for high-performing employees
Choose where to work. You can be On-Site in Rensseelar, NY, fully-remote or select a Hybrid work arrangement.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.