The IT Scrum Master is responsible for guiding the team in developing the solution using Agile practices for medium to high complexity initiatives from initiation through release. Run key Agile ceremonies, including daily stand up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews/demos and sprint retrospectives. The Scrum Master will utilize the Sr. Scrum Master for SME knowledge. Create and maintain the appropriate channels for open communication within the scrum team to create a trusting and safe team environment. Continuously seek to improve team performance by promoting joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues. Protect the team from outside distractions. Remove obstacles in order to continue to deliver.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies such as daily stand up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews/demos and sprint retrospectives. (20%)
- Assist the scrum team to become a self-organized, cross-functional and highly efficient team that delivers high-quality products (15%)
- Facilitate documenting and executing the team's continuous improvement plan, based on retrospectives (15%)
- Clarify deliverables and assignments and remove impediments (20%)
- Provide leadership with metrics necessary to make decisions (15%)
- Determine ways to improve throughput, velocity and allow the team flexibility to self-manage themselves especially on items identified from the retrospective (15%)
Required Work Experience
4+ years related work experience. Experience Details: Experience leading Agile / Scrum projects
Required Management Experience
No supervisory/management experience required
Related Bachelors degree or additional related equivalent work experience Computer Science or Information Technology
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience utilizing the CA Agile Rally tool
General Physical Demands
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture for our employees and communities.