Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Secret Public Trust/Other Required:
NACLC (T3) Job Family:
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges. GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology.
GDIT is seeking a Java Senior Developer
to support a US Air Force program that is playing a major role in strengthening and modernizing America's Strategic Deterrent Force. GDIT will develop and deliver a digital engineering design solution which enables and integrates the programs complete set of data, tools, and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities, and makes them available to internal and appropriate external engineering and programmatic stakeholders throughout the programs lifecycle.
This effort will culminate in an abstracted, highly transportable Digital Engineering Environment (DEE) delivered to the Government, to be instantiated virtually on the Governments network infrastructure and updated during the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase of weapon system development.
GDIT has a great opportunity for a Java Senior Developer
to work with a technology stack in a collaborative, productive Agile development environment. Duties:
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and analyzes complex software programs for computer-based systems
- Develops complex documentation, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Performs complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. Designs and develop basic compilers, assemblers, utility programs and operating systems
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle
- Develops documentation of new or existing programs
- Applies practical knowledge of job typically obtained through advanced education and work experience
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with 5+ years' java development experience
- Experience providing program, portfolio and team level process, mentoring and coaching to senior leadership, portfolio managers and teams
- Experience with ad-hoc coaching and mentoring techniques
- Experience with the following toolset:
- Graph Databases
- Modeling UML
- GIT, GitLab
- TinkerPop Gremlin
- Spring Framework
Work Location Travel
- Secret Required, ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.