Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Client Services Lab Asst provides accurate product and service information with timely resolution of issues to maintain total client/customer satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred
- Laboratory experience as a LAS or LA role, preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Proficient use of computers with ability to quickly learn new information systems and software
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills required
- For hospital settings, additional requirements may apply and change without notice, including, but not limited to, criminal background check, health clearance and hospital compliance training
- Successfully pass Company pre-employment drug test and periodic and random thereafter
- Demonstrated and proven ability/experience in accomplishments in all of our five core values:
Under direct supervision of a Client Service Manager and other supervision, and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Provides immediate response to internal and external client's questions and issues
- Performs all essential duties of Lab Asst including specimen processing for add-ons and sendouts
- Assists or resolves client issues by performing a thorough investigation of issue, evaluates findings, and responds to client in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists in resolving discrepancies in reports by consulting with technical and managerial staff
- Understands specimen requirements as it pertains to lab testing in order to provide accurate results. Ability to understand differences in specimen types
- Responsible for client notification of STATs and Criticals
- Understands and recognizes the Critical values based on the given guidelines and responds appropriately
- Assists in tracking and monitoring send out tests
- Assists in problem resolution for future applicability and forwards to appropriate quality assurance individual (supervisor, manager, pathologist, etc)
- Maintains professional/technical knowledge by reading professional publications and attending continuing education seminars
- Pursues referenced test result to satisfy client needs and requests
- Participates in Job Competency/Skills Check program
- Works closely with all laboratory personnel to ensure timely client service and accurate test results and services
- Maintains open communication with supervisors, pathologists, and fellow employees to ensure optimal operation of department. Communicates pertinent information to other members of the health care team in a clinically relevant time frame to enhance the lab's contribution to patient care
- Delivers age appropriate care for the patient population. Maintains strict confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation
- Adheres to confidentiality, safety, compliance, and legal requirements
- Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with company guidelines on attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Light to moderate physical effort
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects; and lifting of up to 25 lbs may be required
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Frequent prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Must be able to hear, see, and respond adequately
- Extensive computer work
- Extensive use of telephone
- Use of hands and fingers
- Air-conditioned office
- Frequent exposure to video display terminals
- Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction
- May be asked to work extended hours
- Perceive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material
- Work independently and be self-motivated to accomplish responsibilities
- Ability to see things from the customer's/patient's point of view and respond in a timely appropriate and courteous manner
- Handle emergency situations with calmness and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with others and promotes positive working relationships
- Perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately
- Understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them and their effective use
- Understand instructions, reason, and make judgments
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy required
- CUSTOMER-FOCUSED: Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind; builds strong customer relationships.
- COMMUNICATOR: Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; possesses strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: Uses data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- COLLABORATIVE: Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- TECHNICALLY COMPETENT: Possesses and maintains the functional and technical knowledge and skills to successfully perform job.
- QUALITY CONSCIOUS: Delivers accuracy and precision in work products; mindful of technical requirements, rules, and standards.
- TIME-WISE: Prioritizes; respects others' time; adheres to schedules and agendas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the employee(s) functioning in this position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The Company reserves the right to add, delete or modify assigned duties at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. I have read and received the job description listed above and am responsible for following the job description outlined during my employment with the Company.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Regular Full Time
Mon-Fri rotate Sat/Sun
Primary shift: Night Shift
3:30pm - 12am
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.