There is a $7,500 bonus for this opening - $3,750 at start and $3,750 at 6 months tenure!
The Lead APP at DispatchHealth will assist the National Director of APPs in the recruitment, training, scheduling and day-to-day management of Eau Claire, WI based APPs. This position will work closely with the Medical Director to manage APPs and EMTs including participation in evaluations and annual reviews using standard company metrics.
- Market preparation: With Market Director/Operations team, prepare for expansion
- Try to anticipate staffing needs/FTE requirements with expansion/car additions
- Matching provider staffing to increased volumes and desired patient requests (shift mapping)
- Advertising, managing job boards as needed in conjunction with Director of Provider Acquisition
- Vetting CVs
- Setting up and conducting interviews/ride alongs
- Negotiating salaries, hiring. Coordination with HR for new hires
- Scheduling new provider on-boarding/training (EMR, Lab, etc)
- Orientation: conducting in office training and arranging clinical orientation/shifts
- Skills review
- Evaluating readiness for solo clinical practice
- Providing support for initial clinical shifts
- Monthly provider scheduling
- Payroll/Hours worked updates on Humanity
- Developing agenda and running monthly Provider/EMT meetings
- Attending Lead APP meetings monthly
- DHMT supervision (includes hiring/training)
- Lab/QC oversight in conjunction with Medical Director
- Clinical Inbox management
- Athena templates updates: macros, procedure, dot phrases and template building
- Training for Athena - how to use macros/templates/encounter plans, increasing efficiencies in Athena
- Metric review/BI tool
- Ride alongs/Resource Rides with APPs
- Refine and perfect provider work-flows
- Provider evaluations, annual reviews
- Improving efficiencies based on KPIs
- Optimize coding/billing. Related to Athena templates and dot phrases in combination with Biller/Coder
- Provider competency training & continuing education (skills updates, CME updates, provider teaching/pearls)
- Maintain/update Provider Reference Section
- Work with Clinical Educator to optimize APP performance
- Chart review and patient care review (w/Medical Director) when necessary
Business Development Support
- Attend clinical meetings with vendors/preferred partners with Market Director and Community Engagement Managers as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience in the ED, UC or family practice
- Current unrestricted state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Nationally board certified (current)
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Ability to document in electronic medical record, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Ability to adopt and champion technological tools to optimize provider workflow
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Cultural competency
- Knowledge and ability to perform therapeutic interventions such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor surgical procedures
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills utilizing evidence-based standards of practice
- Expertise in clinical skills related acute care, chronic conditions, and injuries
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to thrive in a patient-focused environment
- Previous management and clinical leadership experience preferred
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of home.
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.