About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Lead Operating Engineer position for 3 building portfolio responsible for all maintenance including; mechanical, plumbing, electrical. Oversee vendors with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
The Operating Engineer supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance service requests, ensuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job assignments, appraisals, and recognition.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Building Engineer role.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license and have a vehicle to travel between properties.
- Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of one (3) years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
- Must hold a Universal CFC or obtain within 90-days of employment.
- Electrical 07 License preferred.
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbale and written communication.
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ( JLL ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.