Avangrid is seeking a Lead P&C Engineer to join their team in their Augusta, ME location.
Sign-on bonus available!
$5,000.00 to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus available to external applicant hired
Join a team where you'll learn to design and troubleshoot strategic electric-grid assets that deliver renewable energy to millions of homes and businesses in New England. Involvement includes detailed analysis and design of the smart electric system computer control devices that operate in milliseconds to protect New England's energy system from damage caused by abnormal disturbances.
- Avangrid is growing! We are actively hiring Electrical Engineers, at all experience levels, for our Protection & Control team. We are flexible with office locations (Connecticut, Maine, and New York), and remote work options may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
- In these roles, you will be able to:
- Collaborate, perform, and lead reliability engineering calculations and analysis.
- Analyze and assess complex transmission systems at numerous voltage levels. Document and communicate results and recommendations as appropriate including data manipulation, report writing, and summary presentations.
- Perform engineering design, estimating, and analysis of the electric transmission and substation protection systems in support of the capital construction programs. Review and approve detailed protection system settings
- Lead engineering contractors and consultants performing protection system settings for capital projects
- Innovate and integrate improvements to increase the precision and efficiency of Protection & Control.
- Develop subject matter expert skills as necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement of business needs.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy systems, Power systems or similar discipline is required. 3+years of utility or energy experience highly preferred.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.