Come see why Wesley Enhanced Living is Ranked #4 in the Nation as a Best Workplace in our industry!
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. The Nurse is responsible for performing a variety of duties to provide quality nursing care to residents and to coordinate total nursing care for residents; implementing specific procedures and programs;and participating with the Director of Nursing and the Nurse Manager (RN) in establishing specific health goals for the residents.
The Licensed Practical Nurse would:
- Perform various duties to provide quality nursing care to residents to maintain or attain the highest practical level of functioning and to coordinate total nursing care for the residents as illustrated by the following:
- Assess residents and analyze obtained information to develop appropriate interventions to prevent decline; record signs of change in condition; notify appropriate staff per facility protocol to evaluate weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in ADLs, development of skin breakdown, etc.; observe conditions which indicate possible need for restorative nursing programs and then notify appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation; inform the physician of changes in assessment when appropriate.
- Administer medications and treatments to residents; monitor administration of intravenous fluids; place orders for medication from the pharmacy.
- Assess residents upon admission to develop interim care plan and further assess in depth to contribute to the complete care plan. Update care plans as warranted and required. Attend and participate at Plan of Care meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to emergencies; assess the condition of the resident; decide on the type of medical attention; call appropriate ambulance service if needed; notify family when resident is transferred or admitted to the hospital; notify the physician when a change in condition occurs.
- Perform other duties as required.
At Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) our employees love what they do because we have created an environment of possibilities to help them learn, grow, and have the opportunity to make an impact each and every day.
At WEL, you will be paid a competitive compensation and enjoy a generous benefits package including schedule flexibility!
Some of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (including prescription and vision)
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Wellnes program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Other generous benefits
WEL is ranked #4 in the nation on the 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces in Aging Services list, and has been a Certified Great Place to Work for the past four years in a row. We got here because of our amazingly talented employees and their commitment to our mission of making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents!
We welcome your application and invite you to visit: to learn more about our 130+ year young organization, our enhanced living philosophy, and our award winning team of employees.
For the safety and protection of our residents, employees, and visitors our organization requires that all staff members receive the COVID-19 vaccine and the booster.
New nurses are welcome to apply!
An Equal Opportunity Employer | A Mandatory COVID-19, Booster Influenza Vaccine Employer
Education or Degree Requirement:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Current license with the State of Pennsylvania for Licensed Practical Nurse.
- CPR Certification