Guthrie Cortland Medical Center (GCMC) is searching for a compassionate & skilled Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide exceptional care in our Telemetry unit at our beautiful hospital in Cortland, NY. The position is Part Time on Day Shift working two 12 hour shifts.
Perks of Being an LPN @ Guthrie:
- $7,500 Sign-On Bonuses (full time)
- Increased LPN Rates
- Large Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shift
- Medical, and Dental Insurance effective the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Generous PTO Package
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Up to $7,500 annually towards Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Comprehensive Orientation and Nurses Training
- Substantial Employee Referral Program
- Friendly, Supportive and Diverse Work Family
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Free On-Site Parking
- Fantastic Onsite Coffee Shop
Interested In Learning More or Have Any Questions, Connect With Us Here:
Chat with a Recruiter Now!
Assist physician with duties necessary to support the needs of the practice working within and to the maximum scope of license
Education, License, & Cert
- LPN - license based on corresponding position location
- One-year experience in healthcare field preferred but not required
- Directs patient to exam room and prepares patient for exam or treatment by identifying height, weight, respirations, blood pressure, temperature, additional testing, and records same on chart. Will also interview patient to obtain history allergies, reconciles medication list and records on chart as requested.
- Write or call Rx after obtaining surgeon/provider authorization for all department surgeons/providers as needed. Chart as written in patient's chart
- Email, fax or call in any insurance referrals. Follow up phone call with referral number to specialist if requested.
- Assists in smooth departmental operation by filling in for other LPNs, clinical assistant and MOA's as requested. Answers telephone and performs other clerical functions as necessary (screen calls according to urgency and need). Must train and maintain proficiency in the use of computer equipment and other computer program training as requested. Must train and maintain proficiency in the use of computer equipment and other computer program training as requested
- Attends to exam and procedure rooms, including assurance that proper supplies are on hand, maintain order and cleanliness. Order medications or clinical supplies for the department as requested.
- Administers prescribed injections/medications and records them on patient's chart
- Routes patient after exam to proper area for ancillary testing or follow-up appointments, i.e. Blood work, x-rays, and enter lab testing as requested.
- Basic knowledge of medications (side effects/contraindications, etc.)
- Be able to read and review pathology results with patients
- Setup and tear down sterile fields
- Basic knowledge of surgical instruments
- Prepare surgical trays as needed for procedures for the day.
- Assist surgeon with operative procedures both in the office and Operating Room if necessary
- Maintain infection control measures including but not limited to proper cleaning of surgical equipment and use of autoclave
- Proficient with autoclave sterilization process
- Knowledge and proficiency of dressing changes and suture removal
- Assess signs and symptoms of infection and reporting to surgeon and/or provider
- Hepatitis checks and protocol to protect surgeon, patient, and nurse
- As assigned as appropriate for LPN licensure
- Attend new employee orientation and all mandatory events such as in-services, classes, training as required by the organization
- Complies with the dress code policy as set forth by Guthrie
- Attends and participates in Department meetings, along with contributing to department/office goals
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.