DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Sonesta's requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. May occasionally interact directly with guests.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Work Area: Main Kitchen, F&B service areas.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.