At EY, youll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And were counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans, and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our GPS Technology Organization is a structure within the US GPS practice that implements and maintains a new operate and technology model designed specifically to support U.S. defense and Government engagements. The opportunity
We are looking for a Technical Lead and Architect within the US Government and Public Sector Technology Hub. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering solution designs and architectures for key initiatives within GPS End User managed service (GEMS) which includes M365 suite of applications, Desktop and Mobile application(s). Design and architecture should consider re-use, scalability, and reliability in alignment with EYs mission and strategy. As a lead engineer you will also be supporting the L4 engineers in resolve issues and support tickets within GEMS team.
You will holistically evaluate the architecture and apply technical expertise to understand the business impact of a technical component, recommending and implementing new solutions, ways of working and technologies to meet business requirements. You will develop relationships across the business and EY Technology to understand requirements, apply technical knowledge of solution and technical architecture to solve business problems and work closely with other architecture and development teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
In this role you will be the SPOC with Microsoft for all the technical issues and will be working with the business and multi-disciplinary teams across EY. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing Technical leadership & subject matter expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable assets within the context of GEMS services.
- Assisting with developing High-Level technical overviews, prior to kicking off a project as part of a product life cycle, intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and quality of the product
- Assess current state business processes, gathering and defining requirements, and evaluate, recommend, re-engineer, and/or implement new processes and technologies to accelerate client outcomes in M365, Desktop and Mobile area.
- Collaborate with M365, Desktop and Mobile engineers and client project teams to architect cloud and infrastructure solutions that improve various business and technical operations
- Effectively aid on services or incidents initiated by customers forMicrosoft Teams services
- Capture, triage, troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalate when needed, engage 3rd parties asneeded to fulfil support needs.
- Resolving and act as escalation and coordination point for incidents and problems relatedto escalations from service desk and performs root cause analysis
- Ensuring relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products
- Working with the vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendors delivery models and assist in implementing them
- Ability to work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. Setting architectural direction, youll build consensus, mediate conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. Anticipating needs and potential objections and helping to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: Solution and Technical Architects, engineering teams, product manager, project managers, product analysts, test and project teams, Information Security and Operations
- Demonstrating excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions
- Guiding others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project
- Monitoring the progress and the quality of the project and reviews and develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution complies with architectural design
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Advanced understanding of M365 suite of applications, Desktop and Mobile applications.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, work shift priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Efficiency in documentation and presentation skills are value adds
- Strong verbal and written skills including strong cross-cultural communication and the ability to draft effective communications
- Ability to work with people in a variety of cultures, countries, and time zones
- Ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face at EY while adhering to security and other EY standards
- Ability to navigate the EY organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
- Strong collaboration abilities willingness to share ideas, documentation, and leading practices
- Conceptual and analytical skills ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
Ideally, youll also have
- 5 plus years of experience in comparable technical lead/ architect role.
- BachelorEngineering or Science disciplineor related work experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret Security clearance
- Must present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
What we look for
- Knowledge of US Government & Public Sector federal standards, including DFARS, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, CMMC L3, Cloud Computing SRG, etc.
- Azure AD,M365or Desktop relatedCertification
What we offer
- Individuals with strong business and technical acumen who demonstrate drive, vision, teaming, and purpose and are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals.
We offer a competitive compensation package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, youll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. Youll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build. EY Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: Youll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Youll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
..... click apply for full job details