Apply for this job now
- Lincoln, Nebraska
- Job Type
- 1 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
PRS Facility Location:
Lincoln, NE Axle Shop - 114
A machinist is responsible for a variety of machine -specific functions - from setting up equipment, loading materials, operating machinery, to monitoring and optimizing effciency, maintaining machines and performing quality checks. A machinist will typically have the knowledge and ability to operate/utilize various machines to produce high quality axles through either our machining process with various lathes and end mills or through our plating process to refurbish.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit and follow on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
Key Job Elements:
• 2nd Shift position (3:00 pm-11:30 pm, Monday thru Friday);
• Overtime as required;
• Operate CNC Lathes, Band Saw, Mills, Electroplate Axles, Finish Grinding, Precision Measurements and Quality Inspections;
• Produce parts for the railroad industry in accordance with AAR, customer specifications, company guidelines and checklists;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies;
• Monitor work to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements;
• Operate hand tools including buffers, sanders, and grinders to railroad axles;
• Use precision gauges and instruments such as micrometers;
• Complete daily production reports and perform daily inspection of equipment;
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a self-directed team-based environment;
• Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed;
• Operate overhead cranes;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Knowledge of the decimal system;
• Use of precision gages example: Micrometers;
• Capable use of hand tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Operations/Production (includes Facilities)
Work Location Options:
- Job Reference: 674042689-2
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Permanent