Who is Dolco Packaging, a Tekni-Plex Consumer Products Company?
- A leading proactive fresh foods solutions provider offering a variety of products in a variety of sustainable material solutions.
- Dolco manufactures egg cartons, fruit, poultry and meat trays, molded fiber trays, as well as other industrial packaging solutions carefully engineered to protect food.
- We pride ourselves in servicing our customers with solutions that can help them protect their perishable products throughout their journey to consumers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs production equipment using mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic blueprints.
- Has thorough understanding of equipment, the functions and operational procedures.
- Performs general facility maintenance to improve or modify facility.
- Performs mold changes and modifications.
- Assist in installation, assembly and set-up of production machinery.
- Repairs facility equipment such as HVAC, electrical/electronic or material handling equipment, and is able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Initiates preventative maintenance and establishes repair schedules.
- Complete knowledge of all manufacturing support equipment.
- Is capable of data entry, and analysis of Maintenance Management System (OOPS/OZ)
- Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment.
- Remains compliant with SQF / HACCP requirements as per this location's written Food Safety & Quality Policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a successful completion of the Maintenance I and II Skills Assessments. Two (2) years of trade school or a minimum of three (3) years direct manufacturing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to use precision measuring devices, such as micrometer, calipers and squares.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic, flammable or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .