Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
What is the position where you can add value?
Tri-Seal (A Tekni-Plex Company) in Blauvelt, NY is looking for:
A Maintenance Mechanic with electrical-mechanical industrial experience -2 nd shift.
The Maintenance Mechanic(s) are responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of mechanical systems, apparatus, mechanical and basic electrical components of machinery, equipment, and building.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to the following (other duties may be assigned):
Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex electrical equipment including automatic machine and process controls.
Ability to read meters, schematic diagrams, blueprints, other measuring instruments, and basic computer skills.
Repairs mechanical equipment while diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, inspecting and testing equipment.
Performs work in all maintenance categories as need.
Maintain building mechanical and basic electrical preventive maintenance and repairs.
Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed.
Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment.
Promotes worker safety.
Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained.
Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP).
Must be able to work efficiently alone as well as with a team without supervision.
What skills do you bring to the role?
- 3 to 5 years of industrial experience (mechanical & electrical) or equivalent, preferable.
- Demonstrated experience on 3 phase electricity, PLC, control wiring and troubleshooting.
- Able to work Monday through Friday on 2 nd
- Candidates must have the ability to work on 1st shift until they are able to work without direct supervision (Training).
- Ability to work overtime and occasional work weekend as needed.
- Good communication skills is required.
- Previous related experience or technical school degree with emphasis on mechanical and basic electrical components.
- High School diploma or GED certification.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office aps. and have experience with CMMS preferably.
- Knowledge and experience with polymer extrusion a plus.
- Bilingual English-Spanish is a plus.
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help