Are you interested in working a full-time schedule in only 4 days per week? Then Iowa Premium may be the place for you!
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company in Tama, Iowa, is looking for qualified professionals with experience in food processing to join our Maintenance Team. If you have prior experience in a maintenance role at a food production facility, electrical experience or ammonia/refrigeration experience, we want to talk to you TODAY! With competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career move!
Hourly wage for this position starts at $25.50 per hour up to $35.50 per hour depending on experience.
- Relocation Package and Qualification Bonus available
- Family-friendly benefits including health, vision and dental
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
- Paid Holiday, personal days, birthday
- Employee Meat Purchase Sales
- Paid Life Insurance
For more information on Iowa Premium, click here!
Maintenance Technician position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fixing and maintaining mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines
- Rebuilding, repairing, and/or replacing equipment/machinery/parts
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Installing equipment/machinery/parts
- Inspecting and troubleshooting equipment and systems
- Creating daily activity reports
- Collaboration with management and other departments regarding maintenance issues throughout the facility
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms. Checks product for visual defects.
- Instructs and directs any maintenance trainees assigned
- Other duties as assigned
This is a safety sensitive position. This is not a remote position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Mechanical skills and understanding of basic machine functions
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work and be on time when scheduled
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong work ethic and eye for detail
- Exemplary safety record (with previous employer)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
The following experience is preferred but not required:
- Ammonia/Refrigeration systems
- Food processing
- General knowledge of plant layout and production floor equipment and processes
Physical requirements for this position are as follows:
- Climbing occasionally
- Stooping occasionally
- Crouching occasionally
- Standing for 8 or more hours per day
- Walking frequently
- Pushing frequently
- Pulling frequently
- Grasping frequently
- Repetitive motions frequently
- Lifting: 0 - 100#
- Environment: Hot and Cold
- Environment: Some exposure to the elements
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. Come join our family!