Avangrid is looking for a Projects Unit - Innovative/Customer Funded Projects Manager to join their team in Orange, CT.
This position of Manager Projects Unit is for the Innovative Projects unit responsible for innovative and customer funded projects The successful candidate will be responsible for managing activities between team members including Project Managers, engineers and construction management in addition to customers/developers and outside engineers. This team will design and execute innovative grid modernization projects, such as battery storage projects, microgrids, substation and transmission upgrades, etc. The Unit Manager ensures the project team delivers projects according with baseline budgets, schedules, scope, quality and engineering standards.
Responsibility includes meeting corporate goals for managing the design and execution of the work to meet company in service dates and estimated cost targets. Maintaining customer satisfaction through the project lifecycle for customer facing projects. This work will require coordination across multiple departments within and outside the organization working closely with Interconnection Services, Operations, Key Account Management, Smart Grids, Planning, etc. Must manage team performance to maximize the effectiveness of the resources allocated to the program.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages performance of team to ensure goals, schedules, budgets, and benefits are met and all deliverables are completed on time and under budget
- Identifies interdependences of the team portfolio and resolves interactions among projects.
- Proactive approach to controlling program scope and mitigating the risk.
- Ensures quality of work packages of team produces briefings and status reports on a regular basis for executives or regulatory agencies.
- May participate or represent the company in regulatory or public proceedings or permitting requirements for projects undertaken by the team.
- Ensure governance processes and procedures are followed within portfolio.
- Trains/coaches team members and holds team accountable for results. Teams are cross-functional, can be virtual, and frequently combine internal and external personnel.
- Leads team meetings.
- Monitors progress of team against plans and applies course corrections as necessary.
- Ensures effective internal program communications.
- Develops procurement strategies for material, labor or services.
- Supports Project initiatives for compliance, standardization, and process improvement
- Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams
- Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure that it complies with FERC, NERC and any other applicable regulation.
- Attendance to Cost & Schedule Meetings
- Works with Coordinator on the Risk definition, cost, and the Mitigation Action analysis.
- Support emergency / high priority projects what will require an agile approach.
- Ensure proper communication and coordination with customers and/or developers.
Education & Experience Required:
- 10 Years experience in the electrical industry
- Project management experience
- Regulatory sensitivity - Preferred.
- Experience in executing customer facing projects - Preferred
- Experience in executing innovative, smart grid type projects - Preferred
- Scheduling and cost control experience - Preferred.
- Electrical Engineering Degree - Preferred
- Ability to mobilize team members to deliver multiple projects on time and under budget
- Expert in risk management and mitigation plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts
- Results oriented
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with project structure.
- Knowledge and experience in managing the execution of substation projects
- Knowledge and experience in the regulatory environment.
- Experience and understanding of tools/controls needed to monitor and control projects required.
- Experience managing large teams of technical experts required.
- Experience utilizing SAP financial system preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team environment
- Team oriented
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.