As a UX Manager, Content Design for Nordstrom, you are a servant leader at heart and a solid team player who sees collaboration as a key to your own success- when others win, you win.
You are adept at thinking holistically about content as part of a customer experience and shaping the information architecture of digital products and services.
You understand how to leverage the power of storytelling to present a compelling vision and content rationale to senior stakeholders in UX, Product Management, Engineering, Digital Merchandising, and Marketing.
And who are we? The Nordstrom UX content design team offers an extension of world-class customer service by leading the charge to inform, guide and delight customers.
Guided by empathy, we create responsible and accessible content using curiosity, data and strategic thinking to address business needs and improve customer pain points. We think big while keeping an eye on the nuanced and iterate as needed. To be considered as a candidate, you must submit 2-3 work samples, as PDF files or portfolio site link, within application. For work hosted on private portfolio site, access credentials must also be provided
A day in the life
- Use your deep understanding of user-centered design to assist your team in the creation and evolution of their work
- Maintain a mindset of curiosity and positivity to navigate changing program and organizational needs
- Support current team members and hire new employees as UX content design practice grows
- Work side-by-side with other UX leaders and managers to grow our UX content design capabilities, and to provide guidance on key priorities and initiatives
- Foster solution-oriented problem solving with your team and partners
- Develop and maintain process and/or system documentation for content practice such as content design templates, voice and tone guidelines, etc.
- Lead facilitation sessions and workshops across diverse stakeholder groups in design, research, product management, and technology to uncover opportunities and gain alignment
You own this if you have
- 6+ years of experience in UX content strategy or content design
- 1-2 years directly leading UX content designers/content strategists/writers
- Track record of leading and cultivating talent in others, and a clear philosophy on embodying Servant Leadership
- Bachelors degree in relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, English, Communications, or similar) or equivalent professional experience
- A portfolio of relevant UX content examples, that tells the story of your approach to guiding a team, and influencing stakeholders and senior management
- A high degree of passion and knowledge about user-centered design, UX writing, and information architecture as disciplines
Weve got you covered
Our employees are our most important asset and thats reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. Its not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at .
2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Colorado: $131,000-$203,000 annually, Nevada: $131,000-$203,000 annually