th Street Williamstown New Jersey 08094
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Location: A Brief Summary of This Position
Valmont is looking for a highly driven individual that will operate bridge cranes and hoists safely and efficiently to move racked steel to pickling area and into process tanks to ensure a high quality finished Valmont product.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate:
- Inspect steel for proper fabrication and venting for galvanizing to ensure high quality Valmont products
- Utilize space and tank capacity properly to ensure high efficiency work area
- Schedule varying weights of steel through pickling process to maintain maximum utilization of galvanizing schedule
- Maintain a clean and hazard-free workplace and protect self and others from accident and injury
- Exhibit excellent safety practices and behaviors and follows the intended purposes of Valmont safety policies and procedures
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures and conditions
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing and fabrication environment
- One year of previous experience operating a bridge crane in professional environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
The employee is continually exposed to a working environment consisting of smoke and irritating particulate impurities, acid fumes from pickling tanks, and large quantities of windblown dust and ash produced as by-product to the process. In addition, the nature of the industry results in extreme heat in the summer (typically 10-15 degrees above outdoor temperature), and melting snow off of incoming material results in damp, cold working conditions in the winter. The winter conditions are doubly hard to manage. The average employee dresses to be comfortable while doing his / her assigned task, and in doing so, subjects him / herself to chilling and cold as large fluctuations in temperature are brought about by the moving of material in and out of the facility.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .