Overview:Now Hiring Immediately!Mechanics Needed! up to $2,500.00 sign-on bonus needed in Phoenix, Arizona!
Transdev is actively seeking technicians for their Fixed Route and Paratransit service serving Phoenix, AZ. We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.Why Work With Us?
- Starting pay ranges from $22.53 to $27.55, is competitive and based on individual experience.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Benefits
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- ASE Bonus up to $3,000
- Uniform Allowance
- $500 Tool Allowance
- Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation & Sick
- Great coworkers!
Responsibilities:What you will be doing:
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and inspections.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repair on all business-related vehicles, to include heavy and light duty equipment.
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, transmissions, and other components.
- Performs road calls, on-the-road repairs, and road tests as needed.
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized.
- Maintains DOT card and Class B driver license.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications:What you will need?
- Graduation from a diesel trade school preferred, a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid Class B driver license with Passenger endorsement and excellent motor vehicle record required.
- Current DOT certification must be maintained.
- Three to five years' recent bus or heavy-duty truck repair experience.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, and various heavy equipment engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, air brake systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures required.
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related equipment required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals, and accurately complete any necessary reports or other documents.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
- Must successfully submit and pass a drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 602-229-4700.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: .cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check