Facility:Dayton Children's - Main CampusDepartment:Medical ImagingSchedule:Full timeHours:40Job Details:Has 24-hour accountability for the activities of general radiology at the main campus, south campus, and testing centers. Responsible for facilitating efficient operation of the department and ensuring appropriate staffing needs are planned and arranged. The manager ensures quality care is provided in that staff providing the quality care are competent and educated in their areas of expertise. The manager will evaluate patient satisfaction surveys to develop additional areas for training and staff retention. This manager works effectively to provide employee engagement opportunities, nurturing a climate that supports the values of the institution: safety, compassion, ownership, collaboration, innovation, and value creation. Provides an orientation of sufficient scope and duration to inform an individual who is new to the organization about his/her responsibilities and how to fulfill them. Also provide education and training designed to maintain and improve the knowledge and skills of all personnel on and off campus. Participates in the organized management and administrative functions throughout the hospital, so that it is managed effectively and efficiently. Participates in the formation of policies within the field of responsibility and is accountable for policy and regulatory compliance within the department and other imaging department's off campus. Responsible for departmental budgets, patient experience and employee engagement. This position is a manager position which supervises staff level employees and collaborates with all imaging department's and interdepartmentally with all divisions of the hospital and urgent care.
Department Specific Job Details:
- LEADERSHIP: The ability to use lead, guide and engage others in order to effectively accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates selection skills, which critically assesses a candidate's potential and are congruent with Dayton children's policies and fair hiring practices.
- Utilizes organizational policies and guidelines when providing disciplinary interventions.
- Provides ongoing counseling and coaching to move staff toward an environment that supports open communication, job ownership, and innovative ideas.
- Proactively encourages staff participation and seeks their input with department or related issues.
- Annually performs evaluations are completed in accordance with the hospital's assigned timeline. When necessary incorporates a plan for improvement.
- Monitors daily patient flow and throughput, and provides intervention or direction as needed.
- Responsible for staff/call schedule to meet departmental needs.
- Ensure staff maintains current licensure and certification.
- Works collaboratively with employees to identify a plan for staff development which assures that the knowledge and skills are achieved to function competently in assigned jobs.
- Reviews areas for professional and personal growth with the employee at regular defined intervals.
- Collaborates with unit departmental educator to identify areas for staff development and arranges for training as needed.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and terming staff when necessary
- Effective staff communication
- Monthly staff meetings in collaboration with departmental director
- Responsible for promoting employee engagement in collaboration with staff.
- Manages all aspects of the employee files.
- Serves as a positive change agent who encourages staff to participate with finding innovative ways to improve department efficiency and culture.
- Conducts daily/weekly/monthly rounding on staff in collaboration with supervisor to support employee engagement.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Continually strives to meet and anticipate customer needs and services.
- Actively participates in identifying, monitoring, evaluating organizational and departmental customer service issues with departmental leadership team.
- Shares patient satisfaction survey scores with staff and encourages staff participation in identifying need for process change.
- Collaborates with schedulers to ensure timely and appropriate scheduling the procedures.
- Proactively seeks input from customers to identify potential customer service issues. Shares this information with staff, striving to anticipate and meet customer needs, resulting in positive comments/scores on satisfaction survey data.
- Participates in service recovery with customers as needed.
- Responsible for optimizing patient satisfaction
- Assures staff is affectively utilizing AIDET to support optimal patient satisfaction.
- QUALITY: Participates in a total quality environment, which strives to continuously improve processes at the departmental level.
- Encourages staff's participation in quality education and activities within the department in the organization.
- Serves as a process management team member or leader as requested.
- Identifies processes which can be improved and provides guidance and implements change.
- Demonstrate significant improvement in processes to improve customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe patient care environment through identifying and correcting potential hazards. Actively looks for opportunities to create a safe health care delivery system.
- Provides input to the director as needed.
- Assists with quality projects as assigned.
- Oversees PACS
- Works with organizational physicist to assure radiation compliance.
- BUDGET: Assists the departmental director in monitoring operational and capital expenditures. Provides data for input into the budgetary process.
- Assist departmental director with operating budget and prepares capital budget for submission.
- Completes and or verifies payroll timesheets for accuracy.
- Monitors all purchases and man hours to remain congruent with budgetary allowances.
- Staff in accordance to volume demands.
- POLICIES/PRACTICES: Follows established protocol as part of an overall, managed plan.
- Assist with the development and implementation of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organizational department policies, procedures, practices and is accountable for department compliance.
- Development of policies and procedures to support state and federal regulations, regulatory requirements, or organizational standards.
- Communicates departmental and organizational policy to staff in a timely manner.
- Works with departmental educator and director to finalize policies and or procedures
- GOALS: Participates in the development of department goals which support the organizations mission and vision.
- Provides input into the development of departmental goals.
- Encourages staff input into departmental goals.
- Communicates and supports Department of goals as an integral piece of the organization's mission and vision.
- Evaluates and sets action plans when necessary to achieve departmental targets.
- COLLABORATION/COLLEGIALITY: Contributes to an environment that promotes teamwork through cooperation and communication to attain departmental/hospital goals.
- Promotes organizational and departmental teamwork.
- Participates in ongoing communication with members of the team.
- Facilitates effective problem solving.
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting to new, different or changing environments.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to learning and changing as needed.
- Serves as a mentor or role model to fellow team and staff members.
- Functions as a change agent.
- Works to collaborate with other organizational leaders at all locations.
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE: Ensures departmental compliance to CMC standards and other regulatory agency requirements. Provides input to key personnel in developing strategies for improvement.
- Remains abreast of changing regulatory requirements and communicates to staff.
- Interprets DCH standards and Regulatory agency requirements to staff, assuring that ongoing compliance occurs in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supports director in communicating these changes to staff.
- Regularly communicate safety, quality, and infection control issues to staff at scheduled meetings and as identified problem arises.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained for the ODH, ACR, JCAHO in other regulatory agencies.
- Complete and/or reviews quality review reports, returns prompted to QRM, tracks trends, and identifies appropriate follow through.
- TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY: Demonstrates knowledge and technical ability to support various patient care activities within the department.
- Maintains proficiency with clinical care in the department. Clinical activities are episodic and are based on census and staffing needs.
- Shares of knowledge and skills by mentoring staff as needed.
- Acts as a resource to staff clinical assistance, evaluation interpretation of patient information.
Performs other duties as assigned
Associates: Radiologic Technology (Required)
..... click apply for full job details