The Finishing Production Lead works with the Plant Foreman/Assistant Foreman, other production supervisors, and the Operations Manager to determine the schedule of work on the shop floor. The Finishing Production Lead assigns individual work orders to the finishers, working with the QC persons to ensure the work order is complete and to the level of quality that is required. The Finishing Production Lead should have in-depth knowledge of all metal finishing processes and be able to advise on techniques. Essential Job Functions:
- Ensuring all safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced in their department.
- Obeying all company, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies' safety regulations.
- Completing all duties assigned by Plant Foreman, while making the most efficient use of time, materials, and equipment.
- Tracking/monitoring department key performance indicators and leading continuous improvement efforts for their department.
- Maintaining or reducing estimated labor/material costs for each project.
- Ensuring accurate and timely creation of finished samples.
- Ensuring the overall quality of finish for each work order leaving their department.
- Ordering all finish materials and equipment.
- Manage the hazardous waste produced by the finishing process per the requirements of the applicable governing bodies.
- Reading and comprehending shop drawings.
- Ensuring appropriate cleaning/maintenance procedures are defined, establish, and followed in their department.
- Demonstrating knowledge of:
- Stains, paints, primers, and all other metal finishes
- Working individually with little supervision.
- Working as a team and communicating effectively with:
- Plant Foreman
- Assistant Plant Foreman
- Fabrication Lead
- Polish Lead
- Sheet Metal Lead
- All other plant employees
- Leadership Skills: team motivation, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and team communication.
- High School Diploma or GED. Some additional training at technical school is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years previous experience in a finish shop, metal shop, and/or working knowledge of metal finishing.
- This position operates in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Must pass pre-employment physical / musculoskeletal exam.
- Must pass drug screening.
- Must pass an audiogram test.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds on a daily basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The
employee is continuously required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.