My established retail client, who are experiencing significant growth are looking for an experience Network Engineer to join their IT team.
The Network Engineer will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. Be security conscious and aim to protect the organisation from cyber security threats. Deploy, configure, maintain, monitor and secure all network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
There will be a hybrid approach to home / office working with the clients head office being based in Worcestershire, West Midlands.
This is a full time, permanent role paying in region of £45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits.
- Ensure all networking equipment is managed through its lifecycle, in a structured fashion
- Assist in building monitoring systems to help you with your workload
- Assist in the design and implementation of network safety measures and disaster recovery plans
- Assist in installing, configuring and upgrading security software
- Secure networks through firewalls and maintenance of hardware
- Hardening of networking hardware to prevent security threats
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams
- Assist in privacy breaches and malware threats
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience of Cisco networking equipment and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Experience in WAN/WLAN technologies
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
- Outstanding communication, organisation and decision making skills
- CCNA / CCNP certification or equivalent would be desirable but isn't essential
We are looking to arrange interviews ASAP and these will be done remotely, will be one stage and will encompass a technical exercise.
Please apply via the link or contact for more information
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.