Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Performs Nuclear Medicine diagnostic procedures in the hospital in accordance with all state and NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) regulations, and utilizing an understanding of principles of growth and development to provide the physician with diagnostic images to identify and/or plan appropriate treatment of the patient's condition. Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images. Positions patients. Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear radiologic studies in adherence to professional and department protocols.
- Operates nuclear detection and imaging equipment and prepares radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear radiologic studies. Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures on identified patients according to department procedures and protocols and in accordance with NRC regulations by selecting anatomic and technical factors accurately and operating cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Prepares and positions patients for exam. Injects and images patients with proper isotopes. Monitors patients while scanning.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols. Adheres to standards for radiation safety and for appropriate waste separation and disposal of radioactive agents by performing specific tasks mandated by the NRC in order to maintain compliance with NRC licenser regulations.
- Adheres to HIPPA, OSHA and NRC guidelines regarding radiation protection, patient protection and record keeping.
- Reviews physician's order and patient's CPOE requisition for completeness by reviewing the clinical information, pertinent laboratory results and the patient's chart to ensure the correct procedure is performed and the proper patient preparation administered.
- Assesses the appropriateness of requested exams by using pre-established guidelines for exam ordering to ensure that the exam is performed accurately the first time. Interviews patient for medical history. Reviews images for quality and abnormalities. Adheres to HIPPA, OSHA and NRC guidelines regarding radiation protection, patient protection and record keeping. Exhibits proficient IV skills.
- Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine program
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board CNMT (NMTCB) or R.T.(N)(ARRT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Experience with PACS and digital Technology.
- Knowledge of cross-section anatomy preferred.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with departments, employees, physicians and managers.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.