There is a $7,500 bonus for this opening - $3,750 at start and $3,750 at 6 months tenure!
We are hiring Nurse Practitioners with acute care experience in ER (Emergency Room), Urgent Care or Internal Medicine to join our growing team serving the Steven's Point, WI community. Our Advanced Practice Providers team with DHMTs (Medical Technician) and are equipped with everything needed to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment, and outcome management, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide definitive care in the home, including point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination.
- Work as part of a clinical care team with a DHMT (Medical Technician) and individually, as appropriate for the service line to deliver care in the patient's home through our innovative in-home care service lines (i.e., Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced Care, Tele-presentation and others). This involves being in a mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient's care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
- Maintain positive relationships with DHMT partners and remote teams.
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for DispatchHealth.
- Lead your practice and always do what's right for the patient.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an APP in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Those with less than two years of experience as an APP, but with two or more years' experience as a paramedic, RN (ED or ICU), Flight Nurse or a graduate from an ENP program or fellowship (NP's) or EM/Hospitalist residency (PA's) are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Associate
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of home.
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.