Are you an experienced financial services professional looking for a Paraplanner position? My clients provide a comprehensive financial planning and discretionary management service to clients. This includes investment advice, pension, protection, and holistic financial planning for both corporate and individual clients. They also offer a discretionary investment management service where they manage investments for clients. They have an experienced team from a range of professional backgrounds. They are passionate about client service and have a structured approach to ensuring we regularly communicate with clients so that financial planning remains a priority. They work closely with many financial institutions to provide innovative solutions, which will add value to their clients.
They are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join their team in Northampton.
Responsibilities of a Paraplanner:
- Provide a high level of technical support
- Ensure all compliance procedures and client files are maintained to a high standard
- Preparation and writing of reports for clients on financial planning matters
- Undertake research as required for specific projects, i.e., on providers and investments
- Obtaining quotations, valuations, and other relevant literature to accompany client reports
- Preparation of packs for meetings with clients including investment valuations
- Maintain annual Client review process by reviewing portfolios and writing review letters and updating systems.
- Liaising with Admin/Support to arrange Client review meetings where applicable
- Liaising directly with clients as the "assistant to the advisers". This will include queries in connection with the client's financial affairs. It will be important that the candidate obtains detailed knowledge on all clients for whom he/she is working to carry out these tasks.
- Preparing New Business checklists to pass to the Administration Department after checking Applications.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
- Attend client meetings, when required, with advisers, and contribute to such meetings
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings as required
- Cash flow planning
- Learning and using all applications required for the job
Requirements of a Paraplanner:
- Good planning and organisational skills
- 2+ years' experience within financial services, ideally in a paraplanner position
- Level 4 Diploma would be ideal but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to maintain good working relationships are key attributes
- Focused and responsive to the need to deliver a high-quality of service
- Capable of working in a team and independently with the ability to manage own workload
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines
- Articulate, well presented and comfortable dealing with a wide range of individuals including clients and other professionals, maintaining the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Benefits for a Paraplanner:
- Basic Salary £30,000 - £40,000
- Study Support
- Study days paid for each exam
- 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Health Cash Plan
- Income Protection
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.