At EY, youll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And were counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. Payroll Systems Administration Senior Associate
EY US Payroll is responsible for processing payroll for 50,000 US EY professionals. EY US Payroll is an integrated team with streamlined operations which effectively utilizes technology to achieve operational excellence through the implementation of appropriate audits & controls and a continued focus on process improvements. The payroll team highly values a positive customer experience, cross-functional team collaboration, and ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures along with all legislative/regulatory compliance requirements. The Opportunity: The Payroll Systems Administrator Senior Associate
is responsible for advising and fulfilling payroll needs within the Payroll - Systems Administration workstream, including helping with the administration and support of US payroll system architecture. Will support the development of both internal and 3rd party Payroll software systems administration for the US firm. This role is responsible to execute on the systems and operational support vision established by leadership guided by the Supervising Associate of Payroll - Systems Administration using various EY tools and reporting. With oversight from the Supervising Associate, may be responsible for payroll architecture design, development, maintenance, integration, and the support model for US payroll applications. Responsibilities may include report generation, researching technical issues, validating data, and confirming that the on-cycle payroll processing is in accordance with the standards set by EY Payroll leadership. Senior Associate will follow established EY US Payroll policies, procedures, and service level agreements. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Drives operational excellence through day to day activities and ensures personal accountability of results
- Assists the maintenance and, as needed, the updates of the Payroll - Systems Administration documentation
- Utilizing the available toolsets to confirm that payroll is ready to be released for processing
- Through collaboration with workstream members and supervising associate(s), support the payroll architecture design, development, maintenance, integration, and support model for US payroll applications
- Understands and confirms Segregation of Duties (SoD) in business processes
- Oversight or partnership with operational teams supporting execution of payroll processes, including but not limited to, multi-jurisdictional, net pay, taxes, garnishments, and employee and employer deductions
- Consults with workstream leadership to assist with system reengineering and requirement definitions for enhancement requests
- Supports the tax workstream with reconciliation of USA Year-End W2 data
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting per checklists and identifies and shares errors for review with Supervising Associate
- Collaborate with workstream team members and, under supervision, in closing payroll creates opportunities to enhance payroll compliance
- Coordinate with payroll vendor and internal functional owners to gather requirements, design, test plans, sign off, change management and deployment as well as overall payroll systems management/maintenance configuration
- Works with vendors for maintaining and updating vendor payroll platforms as needed
- Contributes to the payroll interface design, development and implementation, new company set up, financial data changes, wage types, tables and locations
- Abides by payroll system architecture in design decisions to ensure system processing accuracy and integrity
- Adhere to firm risk data policy mitigation procedures regarding distribution of confidential information, security, platforms, and destruction
- Conducts troubleshooting for technical issues to areas such as researching and problem resolution, performing scheduled activities and recommending alternative solutions to meet payroll requirements
- Maintains individual accountability and confirms that personal day to day activities are completed on time and meet EY quality standards
- Assists in resolution of internal/external problems in a high volume, fast paced, and deadline driven payroll environment
- Develops and maintains effective working relationship with external stakeholders and other key operational contacts
- Challenges existing policies, processes, and approaches (where appropriate) and offers innovative suggestions for process improvement efforts, helps to implement opportunities that improve operational efficiency or effectiveness of the team
- Performs ad hoc requests or special projects as needed
To Qualify, you must have:
- Strong payroll-specific knowledge and skills needed to act as a subject matter resource (SMR) to execute on the firms vision of the Payroll - Systems Administration process and work as directed by Payroll leadership as well as with other stakeholders, where required
- The ability to gain advanced proficiency with technology products including but not limited to: ADP GlobalView, ServiceNow, the Payroll Control Center and other payroll related applications
- Strong effective verbal and written communication
Ideally, you will also have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Approximately 3 - 5 plus years of progressive related Payroll experience
- Payroll Systems experience preferred or similar role in similar-sized organization; else payroll experience in a similar-size organization
- Strong Excel skills to include pivot tables.
- The ability to work overtime when needed to meet deadlines (this role is eligible for overtime pay, but must be approved in advance)
- Note: Working hours, flexible work arrangements, and time off may be limited during specific times due to business demands.
What we offer
- Experience with ADP GlobalView, ServiceNow, the Payroll Control Center and other payroll related applications
- Payroll certification preferred (i.e. CPP Certified Payroll Professional)
We offer a competitive compensation package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, youll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. Youll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build. EY Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: Youll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Youll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EYs Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at .