Pertemps Recruitment agency has partnered with a leading London council, we are looking for a Pensions Operations Team Manager (LGPS) to join their remote UK teamThis is a permanent, remote, full-time role paying a salary of circa £48,000 - £51,000 per annum + benefits The focus of this role will be to support the Head of Pensions with the management of pensions operations for the London Borough pension administration services for the Pension FundCore responsibilities
- To ensure that all pensions operations, dissatisfactions, and complaints are dealt with efficiently to support in leading and managing the team to ensure member, employer and stakeholder queries are dealt with efficiently.
- To support the Head of Pensions with any project tasks, actions and documents and ensure these are managed effectively.
- To lead on developing and training the in-house pensions operations team to enable them to respond to queries efficiently and to the required high standard .
- To support the Head of Pensions to develop the inhouse pension service, through communications, seminars, relationship building.
The person specification :
- You will have strong technical knowledge of the Public sector pensions (ideally LGPS and TPS),
- HMRC legislation, and industry wide pension law
- You will have proven leadership skills and experience and the ability to engage and inspire members of your team, be well organised, adept at managing a workload to multiple deadlines, with the ability to instinctively lead in coordinate a diverse range of activities and implementing solutions.
- Experience of working in pensions for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience of managing a small team independently.
- Experience of recruitment and training a team.
- Experience of managing the performance management process.
- Experience in identifying and implementing changes to processes and
- LGPS and TPS pension administration experience
- Experience of writing formal reports and business cases
- Experience of writing member communications