It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Under physician's orders and RN supervision, the Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Current LPN licensure in the state of Florida, or current licensure from another state plus a temporary Florida permit
- Maintains CPR certification
- Minimum one (1) year nursing experience in an in-patient, hospice, or home health setting
- Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) in English
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of patients
- Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Provides skilled nursing services to patients as indicated by Physician orders under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Implements the Plan of Care initiated by the RN.
- Provides patient and family/caregiver with education and information pertinent to diagnosis and Plan of Care. Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques. Provides counseling to the patient and family relative to nursing needs.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietitian) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Team Supervisor.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by Physician.
- Observes patient's condition, clinical symptoms, reaction to treatment regimen, significant changes and emotional status and reports to RN or therapist.
- Anticipates barriers to pain and symptom management and provides appropriate education.
- Identifies signs and symptoms of infection, documents and notifies Physician or RN of any adverse findings.
- Documents observations and interventions on appropriate forms with accuracy, timeliness, legibility, professional terminology and awareness of legal and regulatory implications. Develops and submits daily visit itineraries, makes necessary changes and informs management of changes.
- Maintains accurate accounting of time and visit activity for billing, payroll, and clinical documentation purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands for Post Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities are required: see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel.
Frequently required to: stand; sit; reach with hands/arms; bend; balance.
Occasionally required to: lift; pull; push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb stairs.