Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
Who we are?
Workday is the cloud-based SaaS company providing industry-leading software for HR, financials, workforce planning and employee learning to more than 40% of the Fortune 500. We are the Machine Learning Product team at Workday. Our focus is on the application of machine learning and statistical analysis to Workday's products to serve our end users. We leverage diverse datasets to build data-driven products, which help the world's largest organizations uncover insights and make strategic decisions about their people, finances, and business. We routinely work on data with high velocity, volume and variety and we employ a modern machine learning distributed computing and big data software stack to deal with these challenges.
At Workday we truly care about our people, that's why we rank as the top 5 best places to work. To learn more about Workday ML, check out this video:
About the team:
This is an opportunity to be part of a growth team focused on building ML capabilities into our products, and part of the next generation of Workday technology. We believe predictive products can be as transformative to the next generation of technology as mobile was to the last.
As a software developer you will help develop ML powered features and experiences for every user across our HR & Talent product portfolio. You will work closely with ML engineers and other software developers to deliver mission critical infrastructure and software frameworks that enable machine learning across Workday's product ecosystem. You will utilize modern software and data engineering stacks to enable training, deployment, and lifecycle management of a variety of ML models; supervised and unsupervised, deep learning and classical. You will own the design & development of new APIs/microservices and deploy them using docker/kubernetes at scale.
You will use Workday's vast computing resources on rich, exclusive datasets to deliver value that transforms the way our end-users experience WD. We will challenge you to apply your best creative thinking, analysis, problem-solving, and technical abilities to make an impact on thousands of enterprises and millions of people.
Sound like your kind of challenge?About the RoleIn this role, you would:
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver scalable, secure and reliable solutions
- Actively engage with data scientists, ML engineers, PMs and architects in requirements elaboration and drive technical solutions
- Own and develop features from end to end including infrastructure as code.
- Design and build solutions for optimal organization, storage and retrieval of data to enable massive scale
- Develop testing strategies (unit/functional/end-to-end) & design automation frameworks for robust & efficient development/deployment
- Build monitoring systems and dashboards to track service & ML health.
- Lead in architecture reviews, code reviews and technology evaluation.
- Research, evaluate, prototype and drive adoption of new ML tools with reliability and scale in mind
- 6-8 years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience in developing applications using microservices or service oriented architectures.
- Strong programming experience preferably in Python, Java or Scala
- Proven experience designing and deploying end-to-end systems
- Experience in building, deploying and monitoring services on public cloud (like AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience in supporting your work in production
- Design and development of stream/event-processing architectures using technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Storm, Spark, or their equivalents
- Implementation and operation of distributed systems (experience with Kubernetes or similar nice to have)
- Experience of data and/or ML systems with ability to think across layers of the stack(nice to have)
- Experience with Databricks & Apache-Spark (nice to have)
- Experience in leading or mentoring other team members (nice to have)
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.Colorado Equal Pay Statement:
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. Minimum salary for the role is listed below. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding Workday benefits, please click here.
Colorado minimum salary: $158,080.00
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!